Making Same Day Dentistry a Reality with CEREC
Same Day Dentistry: Crowns, Onlays & Inlays
Our Ceramic Reconstruction (CEREC) machine is a workhorse here at Cosmetic Dentists of Houston. Its computer-aided scanning and milling capabilities is what allows us to create full porcelain crowns, onlays and inlays in one single visit, right here in the office while you wait.
Using 3D imaging, we’re able to make a virtual model of your teeth and custom-fit a ceramic dental restoration specifically for your mouth. The crown is milled in our office while you wait and put in place before you leave. No more gross gunk needed to make an impression, no more temporary crowns, fewer injections, and no more follow up visits between your fitting and the crown’s placement. With CEREC, it’s all digital and it’s all done in house in the same visit.
CEREC uses metal-free, tooth-colored ceramic for a natural look and restored strength and function. The restoration is bonded directly to your tooth, so healthy tissue can be preserved. The milling process offers the highest level of precision, ensuring that surfaces are smooth and edges are even.
There are many advantages to same day ceramic crowns, onlays, and inlays including:
- Convenience – Less time in the chair & a new smile in just one visit
- Precision – Digital impressions make the custom-fit even more precise
- Health – Metal-free material lowers the chances of an allergic reaction
- Natural Appearance – Tooth-colored ceramic blends with your teeth for a natural smile
- Preservation – Less tooth filing means conserving more healthy tooth tissue
- Eco-Friendliness – Environmentally friendly materials & fewer materials used