Dental Onlay, Crowns, and Bridges in Houston
A dental crown, sometimes known as a “dental cap,” is a tooth-shaped cap that fits entirely over your natural tooth. Because of their strength and natural look, dental crowns are considered both cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry. They are also commonly used during full mouth restorations.
Is it time for you to get porcelain crowns? Find out here!
The latest “porcelain crown” material is not just ceramic; it is actually fabricated from different materials including zirconia and lithium–disilicate. These new, high-tech materials are much stronger than actual porcelain, 100% metal-free, and amazingly natural looking. Because of its durability, a dental crown can be a great solution for restoring and supporting molars or other anterior teeth – your “chewing teeth.”
“When you shoot for PERFECTION, you get EXCELLENCE… and that is really what we’re all about.”
~Dr. Amanda Canto
Dental Onlays, Inlays, & Crowns Can Be Used To:
- Restore or repair a broken tooth
- Cover a tooth with a large filling
- Hold and support a dental bridge
- Support and cover severely worn teeth
- Protect weak teeth from decay
- Hold together cracked teeth
We are happy to consult with you on whether dental crowns, onlays or inlays are right for you.
Call 713-622-1977 to request a Comprehensive Dental Crown, Onlay or Inlay Consultation. An expert from the Cosmetic Dentists of Houston team will answer all of your cosmetic dentistry questions.
Which Dental Option is Right for You?
- A Dental Crown – When 75% of the chewing surface of a tooth has been compromised, a dental crown (or, depending on the condition of the tooth, a dental onlay) can prevent further issues such as a root canal or tooth loss.
- A Dental Onlay – Sometimes called “a partial crown,” an onlay is used to repair a damaged tooth or cavity which is too large for a filling, but too small to require a full dental crown.
- A Dental Inlay – An inlay is used to repair a damaged filling that needs to be removed or replaced; an inlay sits inside the top edges of the tooth and isn’t as intensive as an onlay.
Metal-Free Dental Onlays, Crowns, and Inlays: Technology & Materials
At Cosmetic Dentists of Houston, all of our crowns, onlays, and inlays are metal-free and hand crafted using ultra-durable, US-made materials. We use cutting edge materials such as Lava, E.max and Zirconia for crowns, onlays and inlays depending on the placement in the mouth and the degree of strength necessary.
Our laboratories incorporate advanced CAD/CAM (3D) technology for crowns, onlays and inlays to ensure a perfect fit.
Metal-free crowns, onlays and inlays are extremely durable and should last anywhere from 5-10 years or longer, with the proper care.
Our Same-Day Dentistry: Dental Crowns in Less Than an Hour!
At Cosmetic Dentists of Houston, your first step is a complimentary consultation with Dr. Amanda Canto. She will discuss your restorative options with you, and answer any questions you have about dental crowns, inlays or onlays.
Using advanced CAD/CAM dentistry techniques, we are able to use our on-site CEREC machine to create your custom fit, metal-free crown in our office while you wait! Gone are the days of multiple visits to the office for impressions and fittings. Now, you’re able to have a completely custom crown with a seamless fit in as little as 45 minutes.
The Traditional Dental Crown Procedure
- Your first appointment will be a full diagnostic treatment, including low-radiation X-rays, to determine the full extent of your dental needs.
- The second visit will be the preparation appointment, where decay will be removed and your tooth will be prepared for the crown. Dr. Amanda Canto will create an impression of your teeth at this time. During this visit she will also fit you with a beautiful custom temporary, which will allow you to “test drive” your new teeth while your permanent crown, onlay or inlay is being created.
- The impression is then sent to one of our two, state-of-the-art laboratories in Idaho. -This is not exactly a relationship of convenience, but we believe our ceramists are simply the best in the country!- There, our master ceramists will fabricate your new, permanent dental crown, onlay or inlay.
- Your final appointment will be to fit your new crown. After your permanent returns back to our office in Houston, Dr. Canto will personally custom-bond it into place in your mouth. She will ensure your new crown, onlay or inlay has a perfect fit and a beautiful, natural look.
- You go home with a big smile on your face!
Dr. Canto, Dr. Escobedo, and our team of expert clinicians will consult with you and help you decide whether dental crowns, onlays or inlays are the right fit for you.
Call 713-622-1977 or Contact Us for a Comprehensive Dental Crown Consultation with Cosmetic Dentists of Houston.