“My ceramists are truly masters in the trade. It’s exciting to work with such talented and exquisite professionals, and I really do work with the very best. We make a great team.”
Metal-Free Dental Crowns, Onlays, and Inlays: Technology & Materials
At Cosmetic Dentists of Houston, all of our crowns, onlays, and inlays are metal-free and hand crafted using ultra-durable, US-made materials. We use cutting edge materials such as Lava, E.max and Zirconia for crowns, onlays and inlays depending on the placement in the mouth and the degree of strength necessary.
Our laboratories incorporate advanced CAD/CAM (3D) technology for crowns, onlays and inlays to ensure a perfect fit.
Metal-free crowns, onlays and inlays are extremely durable and should last anywhere from 5-10 years or longer, with the proper care.
Our Same-Day Dentistry: Dental Crowns in Less Than an Hour!
At Cosmetic Dentists of Houston, your first step is a complimentary consultation with Dr. Amanda Canto. She will discuss your restorative options with you, and answer any questions you have about dental crowns, inlays or onlays.
Using advanced CAD/CAM dentistry techniques, we are able to use our on-site CEREC machine to create your custom fit, metal-free crown in our office while you wait! Gone are the days of multiple visits to the office for impressions and fittings. Now, you’re able to have a completely custom crown with a seamless fit in as little as 45 minutes.
The Traditional Dental Crown Procedure
- Your first appointment will be a full diagnostic treatment, including low-radiation X-rays, to determine the full extent of your dental needs.
- The second visit will be the preparation appointment, where decay will be removed and your tooth will be prepared for the crown. Dr. Amanda Canto will create an impression of your teeth at this time. During this visit she will also fit you with a beautiful custom temporary, which will allow you to “test drive” your new teeth while your permanent crown, onlay or inlay is being created.
- The impression is then sent to one of our two, state-of-the-art laboratories in Idaho. -This is not exactly a relationship of convenience, but we believe our ceramists are simply the best in the country!- There, our master ceramists will fabricate your new, permanent dental crown, onlay or inlay.
- Your final appointment will be to fit your new crown. After your permanent returns back to our office in Houston, Dr. Canto will personally custom-bond it into place in your mouth. She will ensure your new crown, onlay or inlay has a perfect fit and a beautiful, natural look.
- You go home with a big smile on your face!